Network Manager questions

Bikehead bikehead at amberpoint.com
Thu Oct 14 12:00:14 UTC 2004

I started playing with the most recent NetworkManager (0.2-4) and I must
say it is very nice.  I've set up NetworkManger to start as a server,
disabled the ONBOOT flag on my ethernet and wireless interfaces, start
NetworkManagerInfo when my session starts, and added two network
monitoring applets to my panel.

I unplug the cable and the warning sign goes up and the interface is
taken down.  I plug it in and the warning sign disappears and the
interface is up again.

So how can I have the wireless interface go down when the wired one
comes up?  My concern is that the wired interface is 50 times faster
then the wireless so if it is connected I want traffic routed over the
faster interface.  However, if I unplug I want the wireless interface to
take over:  automatic switch over.  Is there a way to configure the
NetworkManager to do this?

--
   __o
 _-\<,_   Brian