Character encoding?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Oct 15 16:52:02 UTC 2004

Hi:

Has something changed recently in the character encoding we use? People
to whom I send email in Spanish and Portuguese have (within the last day
or two) started to complain that my messages do not contain properly-
accented characters but "weird" ones instead that look vaguely like
this: "Ao$".

Of course, if I send email to myself at another account, the accented
characters come through fine. The three people who have sent me back
emails with weird characters all use Windows. But since *they* haven't
made any changes in the last few days...

Any comments welcome.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>