Latest Evolution problems.

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Fri Oct 15 20:04:45 UTC 2004

Robert Couture wrote:

>Hello ...
>
>It seems that something is broken with the latest evolution.  (I run KDE so it
>may be gnome related.)  I am using Kontact at the moment :)
>
>Upon updating and restarting the system to try the latest kernel I started
>Evolution and it seems to hang with the message updating vFolder (vFolder
>name)  It also does not show images in HTML mail even though that is how I
>have it configured - it just displays the 'X' icon.  When showing HTML mail
>it hangs with a message saying it is formatting the message.  (These messages
>are in the status bar.)
>
>It also does not send mail out.
>
>(Internet connection is fine.)
>
>Is anyone else seeing this behaviour.  If so, I will file a bugzilla.
>
>Rob.

I'm seeing something like that here too and I running Gnome. I using
IMAP and I can read  emails that were recieved while evolution was
running, but if I try to read any stored email it hangs  with the
message "retriving message XXXX" in the status bar. The GUI is
responsive but the CPU usage climbs to the top (gnome system monitor
applet).

Regards,
Ricardo Veguilla