/etc/fstab Lacks Mount Point For Floppy

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 16:47:06 UTC 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:37:02 -0400, Robert L Cochran
<cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> /etc/fstab does not have a mount line for /dev/fd0, and if you add one
> manually, it gets wiped out when you reboot the machine. Which I do
> frequently since I'm trying to load a device driver. And I need
> /media/floppy so I can change my driver disk. Does anyone know how to
> fix mounting of /dev/fd0?

running the 624 kernel?
using hal-0.4.0-3?

try rebooting into something older than the -624 kernel  like for
example the -610 kernel
and see if that makes the floppy device in /etc/fstab come back.
Before you reboot into the older kernel make sure the floppy entry is
not present.

-jef