FC3 T3 - Resetting Sound card

Diahron Grismore diahron at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 18 23:03:05 UTC 2004

Everytime I reboot my system I have to run 'detect sound card' before
system sounds will take effect. Afterwards no problem. Where will I have
to go to set the sounds to default to 'on' when ever I startup and not
have to 'detect sound card' every time. (BTW, hardware browser show: SIS
Sound Controller, Driver: snd-intel8x0.)  Being somewhat new to the
Linux operating systems there are still quite a few things I have to
learn.  At this point I can't tell if it is a bug or just me not knowing
how to properly set it. Advise if I need to test further and report bug.