Evolution URL Opening

Tue Oct 19 14:30:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 17:31 -0400, Brian Craft wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 16:52 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > Anyone else lost the functionality of clicking a URL in Evolution and
> > having it open the link in the browser?  Clicking on a link fails with
> > evolution-2.0.2-1 under FC3/rawhide but works under FC2 with same
> > Evolution-from-rawhide version, both under KDE.  Can still right-click
> > the link, select "Copy Link Location", and open via Klipper.  Can't find
> > anything on this in Bugzilla or list archive.  Not sure if I should file
> > a bug (could still be a user-configuration problem - haven't yet tried
> > as a different user), or under what component.
> >
> > Phil
> >

> I'm able to click on hyperlinks with no problems using Evolution 2.0.2-1
> and Firefox 0.10.1 on FC3 Test 3 as a user....under GNOME 2.8.
>
> Have you tried it under GNOME to see if this is a problem with KDE?

On further investigation, seems to be a user configuration error.
Logged in (well, "su - newuser") as a new "generic" user under the same
KDE session that won't open links in "my" Evolution, ran Evolution as
the new user, and both http:// and https:// links work.  Apparently not
a KDE problem.  Have checked everything I can think of in my user
configuration and am at a loss as to where the "missing link" may be.
Haven't tried under GNOME yet, but will do.  Under
FC2/KDE/evolution-2.0.2-1 with - as far as I can see - the same user
configuration (copied .evolution .gconf and .gconfd, from FC3T3 machine)
hyperlinks work.

Any suggestions appreciated.  Still don't know if this belongs in
Bugzilla, or under "Well, Duhhhh..." as my 7-year-old would say.

Phil