Just A Thought.....Or Two

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 20 01:43:36 UTC 2004

Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> man, 18,.10.2004 kl. 22.26 -0400, skrev Jeffrey D. Yuille:
>
>>Dear Sirs,
>>
>>      I was wondering why is that in Fedora Core, the Synaptics Touchpad is
>>not supported, whereas in Redhat 9 and Redhat WS3, it is.   I can guide the
>>cursor through the touchpad but I cannot tap it to close webpages or access
>>programs.  I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 with Fedora Core 2 installed.  Will
>>this be corrected in the final release of Fedora Core 3?  Also, I notice that
>

> FC3 current rawhide includes the synaptics driver and for me it works
> with tapping, scrolling etc. I had to run system-config-display --
> reconfig to get it working, but it *does* work :-)
>
> Cheers
> Kjartan

This works most of the time for me. (Synaptics after s-c-display
--reconfig). I get occasional problems with a lockup or losing mouse
control, but very rare.

As far as the not supported. It was due to the change in kernels (2.6)
The synaptics driver is now needed. Thanks for including the driver in
the distribution and have it configured easily for the user.

Jim