The Synaptics Touchpad Drivers in Fedora Core 3t3

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Oct 20 22:42:15 UTC 2004

Dear Sirs,

      Today, I just upgraded from Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 3t3.  I have a
Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop.  After the installation, I noticed that there is
support for the Synaptics Touchpad but I am not sure how to configure it.
There doesn't seem to be any way to change the mouse configuration once
everything is installed.  Or perhaps there is, it's just that I don't know
what it is.  I noticed that there seems to be some sort of configuration with
kickstart, but I don't know how to configure it.  I am now hearing that the
final release of Fedora Core 3 will be delayed about a week (Nov 8).  Perhaps
it would be a good idea to include a menu in System Settings where mouse
configuration can be easily changed after the installation.