The Synaptics Touchpad Drivers in Fedora Core 3t3

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 11:43:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 20:13 -0400, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 06:42:15PM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> >       Today, I just upgraded from Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 3t3.  I have a
> > Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop.  After the installation, I noticed that there is
> > support for the Synaptics Touchpad but I am not sure how to configure it.
>
> Try this:

Update rhpl and system-config-display to latest in rawhide first, but
essentially yes this should work:

> system-config-display --reconfig

Are you 100% sure it's a synaptics touchpad?  There are also ALPS
touchpads which aren't supported atm (requires a patch to kernel.

Cat /proc/bus/input/devices - if it doesn't say synaptics in there you
don't have a synaptics touchpad (assuming you haven't played with
psmouse.proto)

Paul