Up2date--fatal error communicating with server

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Oct 22 01:26:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 06:09:57PM -0400, G. Vincent Castellano wrote:
> Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > The RPM transaction should have saved the old sources file as
> > sources.rpmsave. So:
> >
> > # cd /etc/sysconfig/rhn
> > # mv sources sources.rpmnew
> > # mv sources.rpmsave sources
> >
> > And you should be back in business.
>
> Unfortunately not:
>
> $ cd /etc/sysconfig/rhn
> $ sudo mv sources sources.rpmnew
> $ sudo mv sources.rpmsave sources
> mv: cannot stat `sources.rpmsave': No such file or directory

It does not look like that the current up2date, i.e.
up2date-4.3.46-1,  comes with /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources although
/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/sourcesConfig.py has this code in it:

global sources
sources = None
def getSources():
    global sources
    if sources:
        return sources
    scfg = SourcesConfigFile(filename="/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources")
    sources = scfg.repos
    return sources

I have no idea if this is like it should be or this is a packaging bug.

  Michal