Latest Fedora Core 3 status: kernel testing needed

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Fri Oct 22 03:06:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> As Andrew so succintly put it, that money is being left on the table.
> Crying shame, that.

The problem is opportunity cost. In allocating people/resources to get
that revenue, Red Hat would have to give much more revenue from other
sources.

I think the best way people can give back to Red Hat, and at the same time
make their own open source experience more valuable, is to contribute to
projects like Fedora. The most valuable contributions are typically things
that nobody else is doing/wants to do. You can't imagine how much bug
triage makes things easier for a package developer.

Cheers,
-- Elliot
We're so busy putting out fires that we don't take time to stop kids from
playing with matches.