First look at fc3rc1

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 20:41:48 UTC 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:02:31 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak
<kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity: wouldn't it be a very good idea ta have a fresh
> rc ISO out on the ftp on monday, so that people can download it (on
> work/school etc. - many people have a much wider pipes there) then?

Use BitTorrent from a wide pipe -- help everyone.  Test 3 is the last
test release (they are *not* release candidates, merely snapshots of
rawhide at a given point-in-time).

> I would very much like to test an rc - my fc3 system is grossly out of
> date... And i want to retest the norvegian anaconda

You can use up2date or yum to get the latest patches from rawhide.  If
you want to test anaconda, you can create your own rawhide mirror and
do a network install from it.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves