Netapplet

Patrick Jordan volinux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 23:22:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:06:41 -0700, Nadeem Bitar <nadiizu at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Please include the netapplet[1] in FC3.
>  I have spent the last few hours trying to compile it myself and install
> it with no success. For mobile users who change network settings two
> times a day or more, this applet is a must.

It was in the fc3t3 gnome-applets package, but was removed after only
a couple updates.  It wasn't working for me, and I filed a bug, but
removed it when the applet was removed.  Not sure if there are
intentions to put it back in.  system-config-network 's profiles are
helpful, though not automatic to take it's place, there are also
netplugd and NetworkManager, that apparently do something but I
haven't figured them out yet.