Missing menu items after upgrade

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 10:41:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:40:34AM +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> How ridiculous. You have use cases for the typical desktop users. If
> they don't need an app don't install it.
>
> *If* it is installed it should obviously have a menu entry.

I agree entirely. The problem is that it has been made part of the default
install for the convenience of a few users who don't fit the default profile
and want to inflict the default profile on others while magically not
being part of it. If the base package set for an end user non developer
workstation simply didn't include emacs everyone would be happy.

Alan