Latest rawhide hal/NetworkManager combo freezes machine or does not work at all

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Fri Oct 29 15:36:16 UTC 2004

As taken from the Kismet README:

Q: My distro loads the orinoco drivers for my prism2 card, is this OK?
A: No, not really.  The orinoco and prism chipsets are based off the
same reference design, but there are subtle differences, especially in
the firmware timings.  Using the orinoco drivers may work for a while,
but you're likely going to have problems with lost frames, corrupt
frames, and system hangs.  Plus, if you ever have problems and mention
you're using the orinoco drivers, I'll yell at you.

Think you should get another driver :)