Latest rawhide hal/NetworkManager combo freezes machine or does not work at all

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 19:09:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 12:50 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> There is a prism54 driver which has been third-party so far but will be
> integrated in FC3. Maybe there is also a driver for 801.11b networks.

Yes, prism54 drivers are actually quite good at the moment.  I've got a
Netgear WG511 (not 511T) which works great.  It does need firmware
though, but look for "prism54-firmware" packages on google and you'll
find some mandrake RPMs for them (you may have to move the firmware
files from /usr/lib to /lib after install).

Dan