FC3rc5

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Oct 29 22:47:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 18:05, Matias Féliciano wrote:

> My "opinion".
> Today, Fedora does not support :
> - FC(x) => FC(x+1)T(y) and FC(x)T(y) => FC(x) .
>
> I think Fedora should support (this mean fedora should no reply with "do
> a fresh install please" for a bug) if 'y' (test) is equal to 3.
>
> Or more realistically :
> - FCx => FC(x+1)RC(y) and FC(x)RC(y) => FC(x)
> should be supported.

  Well, if you want the latter to be supported, then I suggest you step
up to the plate and assist with anaconda development (there are mailing
lists for anaconda specific development) or convince more people to
assist with that development, as the task is likely to be monumental and
full hacks and workarounds specific to each and every test
release/release candidate to official release.  And good luck convincing
the core anaconda developers to spend any amount of time on it.  I know
I wouldn't bother.
  The expectation to be able to upgrade from a test release or a release
candidate to an official release is asking for far too much.  As others
have said, it may work, and it has most of the time, but there usually
are far more important things that need testing and fixing in the
installer, than to fix an upgrade from a possibly badly broken test
release so that you get a working and stable final release.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator