FC3rc5

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Fri Oct 29 23:08:17 UTC 2004

I wasn't speaking about an upgrade from a test release to a final
release.  I was talking about an upgrade from a stable release.

Example: I reported sound issues in FC3T3 yesterday and I was told in no
uncertain terms that I shouldn't expect sound to work from an upgrade.
I was point blank told to install fresh to fix it. (Check the archives.)
I was upgrading from FC2, which had been running very stable for over a
month.

That was the wrong attitude to have.  FC2 was stable and sound was
supposed to work in FC3T3, so the issue should have been taken serious
right then and there.  It wasn't.  It turns out the issue is still
present in FC3rc3 from a fresh install !

BTW: I have to say one thing: FC2 was a very stable release.  I don't
think I've seen a machine crash with it yet.