Having constantly errors burning CD 3 & 4 of RC3

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Oct 30 20:23:26 UTC 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:53:39 +0200, Peter wrote:

> Am Fr, den 29.10.2004 schrieb Nils Philippsen um 17:14:
>
> > I heard you need to use padding (cdrecord option "-pad").
>
> Thanks again, it works now. Unfortunately I absolutely don't know why
> :-)

Padding in conjunction with TAO mode burning avoids run-out sectors at
the end of the ISO data. Without padding, the files on the CD would be
fine, but the ISO image could not be recreated unless the exact disc
size is known. Try the "readcd" command to read back an ISO image. If
it fails, the burnt CD is bad. For a few years now burners should
prefer DAO mode when burning data CDs.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.82 1.43 0.76