Fedora Core 2.92 Test 3 (86_64) on reiserfs

dirk.nissen at tiscali.be dirk.nissen at tiscali.be
Sat Oct 30 18:58:42 UTC 2004

I don't know if this is to be considered as a bug, an exotic configuration
or an manipulation error.
When I was trying to upgrade my Fedora to Fedora Core 2.92 Test 3 (86_64),
the program blocked.
My root directory is on a reiserfs filesystem. Other distributions are installed
on the same disk on other partitions. I removed them from fstab before upgrading.
When I selected updating (and after a few other replys, like language and
keyboard) a dialog box appeared "looking for packages" the mouse did move
and the mousecursor suggested waiting, and changed after a regular interval.
Only in the beginning there was some disk access, than nothing else happened.
When I did try to install without formatting or erasing the partition, I
had the same problem after selecting the packages  etc.
Using a "linux reiserfs" commandline after the bootcd had started up didn't
change anything.
My old installation is still functional.
If I remember well their was no problem installing the old version, I just
had to add the parameter reiserfs in lilo.conf to get the root directory
mounted.

I hope this is useful

Tiscali ADSL GO & Light, 2 maanden gratis, geniet ervan...
http://reg.tiscali.be/adsl/welcome.asp?lg=NL