up2date problem.

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 1 12:57:16 UTC 2004

Yesterday evening/early today I ran up2date to pickup
the latest updates to FC3 Test 1 and noticed that it
prompted me to update up2date before doing any further
updates which I did but found that I was then being
offered FC2 updates.

The solution is to uninstall up2date components and
the RHN component mentioned as a dependancy and then
download and re-install the 3 original components from
OS repository for your architecture from the FC3 Test
1 (2.90) archive on download.fedora.redhat.com.

Hope this helps if anyone else falls fowl of the above
before it gets fixed (soon I hope)