after last update... few questions

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 2 19:55:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Bart Kalita wrote:

> Well,
>
> please first accept the fact that I'm thick as two short planks stuck together
> with thick glue.
>
> and now if someone could answer following Q's:
>
> 1. nightly tree supposed to be instalable. How?

I would think booting off the boot.iso and doing the netowrk install
should work (never tired it)
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386/images/boot.iso

> 2. Devel tree is supposed to be fast moving, last update ( however disasterous
> ) was more than 48 hours ago and since then no updates are downloadable....
> the kernel, dev, init-tools disaster MUST have been  by  now realised  by the
> devel team.

No updates yet - so 1. above won't fix your problem.

> Reasons for this post: Well my FC3 system is down with now go on any of the
> mentioned work-arounds, HD form FC is now connected to my XP system and I'm
> wondering how I can access it to move required rpm's to downgrade/upgrade it
> to a working versions. For unknown reasons I can't mount floppy nor DVD drive
> on any of last 3 kernels.

Well something that wasn't mentioned yet is - using knoppix to boot up
the machine (presumably this can get the network working) - and
transfer the required rpm files - and downgrade. Maybe the the fedora
install disk can also do this in the recovery mode..

Satish