Problem with today's "yum update"

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Sun Sep 5 05:00:37 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 23:06 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> after putting in yum-2.1.3 with rpm after downloading it, I get this:
> [root at coyote packages]# yum --obsolete update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up Repo:  updates-released
> repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates-released
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates-released: [Errno 256] No
> more mirrors to try.

	Did you mean to send this to the test-list?  I don't believe that
YUM-2.1.3 is ready for FC2 yet.  If you're on test 1 though:

OOPS! didn't look close enough.  Obviously you're on test list.  Guess I'll go to bed

	Did you perhaps use a non - standard yum-conf ?
recently YUM has gone through some changes and in order for a mirror to
be useful, it must change the structure a little.  One is the addition
of the repomd.xml (I guess that is the repository maintenance data?)
anyway the only mirror usable right now is:

[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

HTH

Scott

--