how to make a local repository after a yum update?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Sep 5 15:08:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 05:10:09PM +0300, Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
> On Sunday 05 September 2004 11:18, Colin Charles wrote:
> > You now run "createrepo <dir_name>" rather than "yum-arch <dir_name>"
>
> Is there any way to generate such repository with createrepo, that older yum
> versions (that require headers directory with separate header files)  would
> work?

I did not play with that yet (I was away for about a week, I am
catching up with the program and it shows :-) but it looks to me
that both types of an information do not collide.  So you would
need to run both createrepo and yum-arch on the same directory
and that would make it available to both types of clients.

Maybe createrepo has an option to generate "old style" headers too?
It would be really nice if it did.

   Michal