NetworkManager removes IP address from eth0 (bugzilla #132348 & #132038)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 12 15:15:42 UTC 2004

Gregory Woodbury wrote:
> On my test system I've had to disable NetworkManager since it removes
> the IPv4 address when trying to re-initialize the eth0 (tulip) device.
>
> Is anyone else seeing NM bad behaviour?

I've had both of my NIC addresses removed and had to run dhclient to get
the addresses there again. One occasion, I had to reset my router to get
the inet addresses again.

This bad behavior does not happen often and I left everything as the
default settings regarding network.

This probem doesn't seem to trash the upgraded system. It happens only
on the fresh installation up to present.

my $.02

Jim