Does udev make system unbootable?

Chris Ha atie8591 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 05:19:10 UTC 2004

I think I got udev package onto my fc3 t1 box by
updating all the packages from yesterday(09/17/04)'s
development tree. After that, it manages my system
unbootable as below.

At boot message :
warning : unable to open an initial console
(just 2 more lines about SElinux - I don't recall)

after these messages, booting process hangs there.

If someone knows about how to fix, could you please
help me out?

I have checked /dev directory using Knoppix, and seems
like many of device files are not there. I'd like to
know how to fix, specially with Knoppix if possible,
of course other ways of fixing are welcomed.

Thanks,
atie