Best way to upgrade to T2

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Sep 20 15:30:38 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Mark Haney <mhaney at interactsys.com> said:
> What's the best way to upgrade to Test 2 without wasting CD's?  I want
> to do an FTP install, but don't really want to waste a CD for the
> boot.iso file.  IS there a way around that?

If you already have a running system, do (of course you should change
the wget lines to your favorite mirror):

su -
cd /boot
mkdir fc3t2
cd fc3t2
wget http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/2.91/i386/os/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz
wget http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/2.91/i386/os/images/pxeboot/initrd.img
grubby --title "FC3t2 installer" --add-kernel=/boot/fc3t2/vmlinuz --initrd=/boot/fc3t2/initrd.img --args='ramdisk_size=8192'

Reboot and select it off the boot menu.  If you do an update (vs. a
fresh install), you can remove this with:

su -
grubby --remove-kernel=/boot/fc3t2/vmlinuz
rm /boot/fc3t2/*
rmdir /boot/fc3t2

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>