via sata raid

Jeff Williams willje01 at luther.edu
Mon Sep 20 20:17:06 UTC 2004

I am using the via 8237 sata chipset and I have raid 0 setup on it. Fedora
Core 3 Test 1 sees the chipset and loads the via_sata (I think that's what
it's called) module and then sees the two hard drives as being separate.
Is there a way that I can get the installer to see the raid setup? I setup
the raid in the raid bios, so it's not that it's a windows only thing. I
have tried using via's linux raid package. I used dd to make a driver disk
from the viamraid.img file that comes with that package, but fedora
install said it could not mount the driver disk. Maybe I should try the
recently released fc3 test 2. If anyone could provide some insight it
would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff Williams