WEP Configuration wonky in T2?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 21:38:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

I also have issues, for example, my Cisco 350 card will _not_ connect to
my Linksys WRT54G when WEP is enabled, but the same card will do just fine
to that base station under Windows98 and 2000.

One thing you might try is to change the authentication mode.

iwconfig eth1 key open
OR
iwconfig eth1 key restricted

Techically, "open" is Open System Authentication, and "restricted" is
Shared Key Authentication, which ahve to be set on your access point.  But
try both modes just for kicks.

Dan