Random reboots with i8xx_tco module on Intel i8xx

Phil Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Wed Sep 22 12:53:54 UTC 2004

I'm getting this as well.  My first attempt at upgrading from
FC2->Rawhide caused random reboots.  That was with 2.6.8-541.  I'm
almost 100% sure that it also happened with the 2.6.8-521 kernel from
FC2 as well (it was still installed after the yum update), but only
after the yum update to rawhide.

I just did a fresh install of FC3t2 and it happened there as well.

dd'ing my / back to FC2 as we speak.

I'm using a Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro which has an i845 chipset (i think).

Phil

---
I/O, I/O, It's off to disk we go,
A bit or byte to read or write, I/O, I/O.