SELinux error with -584 kernel

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 00:04:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

I get audit errors when booting up (and similar messages when shutting
down) with the -1.584 kernel:

audit(1095879279.586:0): avc:  denied  { read write } for  pid=1701
exe=/sbin/minilogd name=console dev=tmpfs ino=993
scontext=user_u:system_r:syslogd_t tcontext=user_u:object_r:tmpfs_t
tclass=chr_file

(and lots of other messages like this one)

This does not happen under the -1.541 kernel that shipped with the
install media; is this normal, should I file a bug, and against the
kernel, selinux-policy-targetd, or mkinitrd?

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim 林智勇
http://salimma.livejournal.com