Anyone else seeing a very sparsely filled gnome preference menu?

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Sep 23 00:16:05 UTC 2004

> I have a fresh installed fc3t2 system using a default workstation install.
> updated to current rawhide package set.
>
> I am seeing a very very sparsely filled preference menu.
> no theme preference item
> no keybindings preference item
> no keyboard preference item
> no windows preference item.
> no network preference item
> no sound preference item
>
> I have all the executables for this preference dialogs..but the menu
> entries arent showing up
>
> rpm -q control-center
> control-center-2.7.1-4
>
> Anyone else seeing something similar?
>
> -jef

Yep, the problem seems to be that the "Categories" field of all
those .desktop files were modified to invalid values. For example:

/usr/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/gnome-keybinding.desktop

contains:

Categories=GNOME;Application;X-Red-Hat-Base;

instead of:

Categories=GNOME;Application;Settings;X-Red-Hat-Base;

--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu>