Anti-Aliased Fonts and FC3T2

ByteEnable ByteEnable at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 23 12:59:39 UTC 2004

Since Fedora Core 2, I've always had a problem with anti-aliased fonts.
  The problem is that I could never get gnome and kde AA fonts right
when using kde as my desktop.  Whenever I would launch a GTK app, the AA
fonts were rendered incorrectly.  I would have to open up a konsole and
type "gnome-font-properties" to get AA turned on for the GTK apps.  That
is still the case with FC2T3.  How can get AA fonts turned on for GTK
apps without having to manual do it?

KDE AA fonts were horrid in FC2.  However, in FC3T2 the AA fonts are
perfect in KDE, better than gtk even.

Observations

When I recently upgraded my FC2 with XOrg 6.8.0 (non redhat), the font
problem totally disappeared.  I still had to manually type
"gnome-font-properties" for the GTK apps, but they were rendered
beautifully.  This is on a ATI Mobility 9000 graphics adapter.

Now, with FC3T2, the fonts are back to being rendered incorrectly
between GTK and KDE.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Byte