FC3t2 on older laptop hardware

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 14:54:02 UTC 2004

Harry

> Well, as I posted, I wasn't supprised by the phenomena.. and stated my
> specs were too low.  The surprise was in the fact both win2k and winxp
> can do considerably better on that machine.  At least in terms of
> laoding the gui and running gui tools.

Sorry if I've missed a crucial part of the background to this problem,
but...

Check if you're running any daemons or services that are not available
on other OSs. I turn off sendmail, cups, anything else I don't use.

Also make sure the other OS is providing the same level of features, so
you're comparing like with like. I have an ancient Win95 machine and it
runs old apps acceptably, but struggles a bit with modern ones. I
stopped dual booting it after I saw how slow FC1 was on it.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--