Bacula dependancy of libc5 --whatprovides no clue

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Sep 23 16:31:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 09:23:21AM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Installing the bacula pkgs built from *.src.rpm from sourcforge and I
> hit one dependancy that a quick yummer won't solve.
>
> It says libc5 is required but I can't find anything that provides
> libc5.

Are you sure that you build that from sources?  It is hard to
imagine how you could get such dependency that way unless that
"source" actually includes some binary blobs.  Otherwise this
dependency is bogus (very old specs?).

> Any clues what will fix this?

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libc5

lists at least one such package.  You will need also 'ld.so'
(probably 'ld.so-1.9.5' or something like that).  You actually
have a pretty good chance that this will work on your test
installation although it will take an extra memory.  If you
truly need libc5 this is an archeological computing.  It would
be interesting to know results. :-)

   Michal