FC3 on inspiron 2600

Justin Georgeson justin_georgeson at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 00:22:52 UTC 2004

I'm considering setting up FC3 in a dual-boot configuration with a Dell
Inspiron 2600 laptop and was wondering if anyone knows of any gotchas
or unsupported hardware. From the cursory checking I've done so far
there's the possibility of having Anaconda freak out and I'll get the a
Fatal IO Error 104 from mini-wm during install, but supposedly
text-mode install should work. Things I'm mostly curious about are
power management features. What kind of support for powering down the
hard drive and fan is there? Alsothrottling the CPU to conserve
heat/power, and most importantly, s2d support. Am I going to have to
look at the swsusp projects and pick one to roll in by hand, or has any
effort been made to integrate one into the distribution?