FC3 Bug Week - HELP WANTED

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 15:06:32 UTC 2004

>Totally agreed. How the hell are you meant to have a meaningful
>conversation by reloading HTML pages?

I normally don't need to chat with anyone while programming. You get the bug, fix
it, attach the patch to bugzilla, tell someone you're done, & move on to the
next. For some bugs, you may need more details than the bug report has, like
exactly how to reproduce it and if it only occurs with certain hardware.

I think some people are missing one of the points I raised in my first e-mail or
maybe just not responded. About 10 of the bugs on 123268 are mine. They all have
patches attached. How do you decern what really needs attention from something
that has a patch and needs it to be applied? Each of these bugs are either
untouched, reproducable, patch submitted, patch applied but only in cvs, or
released but needs testing. There's not an easy way to see where the bug is in
the flow from a status page.

What bugs need testing? How many platforms to verify the fix? How many tester
reports to conclude it really is fixed?

>IRC or IM is so much better for this. And since it's one-to-many
>instead of one-to-a-few then IRC is perfect.

Maybe so for some bugs...I can see it being useful in some cases, but not all.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud. I plan to help with bug week. I just want to
flesh out some details so its more likely to be successful.

-Steve Grubb