volume keeps zeroing.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Sep 27 00:17:07 UTC 2004

I'm having problems with the volume settings not being save.

This means that each time I restart my laptop, I've got to reset the
volume settings.

Along the same lines, why is it the the volume settings default to zero.
I understand that this is because it stops pops and crackles on start-
up, but it's also a real usability issue.  No new user is going to think
that they aren't getting any sound from their computer because the
volume settings default to zero.

If the pop issue is so important, maybe the answer is to slide the
volume up from zero on start-up (or when a new user logs in - presumable
a users settings are remembered on log-out?).

So, two issues:

1. why isn't the volume settings saving (it did under FC2)
2. why aren't the volumes settings set reasonably as a default.

Rodd
--
>From the pain come the dream
>From the dream come the vision