printing not working.

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 27 02:23:31 UTC 2004

I tried to print and found out that my HP DEskjet 810C printer would not
print. I also noted that Openoffice showed only a generic printer
available. When trying to print, my system went into a semmingly frozen
state.
I then launched system-config-printer and found only a red X and did not
see a way to add a printer manually. The program took a long time to
even launch.

I then opened hwbrowser and my printer is listed through this tool.

Also, I tried to print from gedit and mozilla with the same results. Of
course with no printer being setup automatically, this is not a
surprise. The slowdown on the system was there with thes programs also.

hal-0.2.98.cvs20040923-1
desktop-printing-0.14-1
cups-1.1.21-2
system-config-printer-0.6.112-1

The not needing to configure the printer was a reality before this FC3T2
  installation. Also, I got the eggcups dialog problem yesterday and do
not have it today. Is there something that needs deleted to remedy this
failure?

JIm