Openoffice rpm

Richard Houston rhouston at rlhc.net
Mon Sep 27 22:08:58 UTC 2004

> OOo gets its config info directly from CUPS.  Therefore, if there is a
> deficiency, its in your printer's PPD file.  For example, if right now I
> select an HP LaserJet 2100N, and hit Print, then Properties, there is
> even a Duplex option in a drop-down in that tab.  There is also a Paper
> Tray option.

We have the correct PPD's installed. But the properties button does not do
anything like you suggest.

> So the moral is, there's no spadmin because its a duplication of
> functionality.  If the option is not there, its not in your PPD.  If the
> option is a "software" option provided by some other program, then print
> to PostScript and do whatever with it.  If the option _is_ in OOo's
> Printer Properties dialog, and you choose it and it doesn't work, only
> then is it a bug and it should be filed...

Nope these are all options in the ppd files but once again the properties
button does nothing hence the move to kprinter which does allow us access
to all the functions.

> NOTE: these directions are for the OOo 1.1.2 packages.  These will be
> pushed to FC2-Updates quite soon.  I know that the Properties button
> doesn't really do anything in the 1.1.1-4, that should be fixed with the
> update once it gets through.

Well as we are running OO 1.1.1 supplied by FC2 this might be the issue.
Do we know when these updates will be available?  Is there a testing
version I could get my hands on to start testing with?

Thanks for you help Dan. Appreciate it.