FC3T2: Having to downgrade Xorg 6.8.1 to 6.7.0

ByteEnable ByteEnable at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 17:25:29 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Xorg 6.8.x is not stable on my Radeon Mobility 9000.  I get hangs,
display corruption, screen and font artifacts, to the point where the
system is not useable.  Its random too.  I went for three days, then I
had to reboot, bam, problems all day.  I've bugzilla'ed at Red Hat and
Xorg.  I'm not using the transparency feature either.

Driver  Symptom
Radeon  Screen and font artifacts, display corruption, hangs.
fgrlx   Driver=3.12 Works fine until a 3D app is launched or
         gnome-font-properties is run, bam, XServer reset.

No problems with either driver with 6.7.0.

Byte