Rebuilding Extras (was: Re: XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes))

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Apr 6 13:15:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:45:25 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> > > b/c rebuilding the packages on rawhide with the exact same n-e-v-r's is
> > > not a good plan for real mgmt of the systems.
> >
> > Just for the record, I've volunteered twice to do a clean and verified
> > release bump on all of them right after the FC-3 split.
>
> Yah, I asked you about bumping all the release fields for just such a
> thing. Did that happen and I missed it?

Hmm, this is news to me. In the February "rawhide/fc4 extras builds"
thread on fedora-maintainers you were pretty much against it and pushed
your own five steps of how to prepare for FC4/Rawhide, getting every
packager to do version bumps manually. Near the end of the thread there
has not been a clear aye or nay from you.

So, since that was over a month ago, here's my final proposal:

  Fedora Extras CVS "devel" release bump of all packages, which have an
  E:V-R equal to "FC-3" branch, will happen today 22:00 UTC (0:00 CEST),
  Subscribers may want to disable commits-list mail delivery to avoid
  the "spam". ;)