"Permission denied" on nvidia.ko built against recent rawhide kernels

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 00:03:45 UTC 2005

On Apr 9, 2005 7:55 PM, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> wrote:
> [ I'm running FC4test1 fully updated against Rawhide, on a Dell
> Inspiron 5160 laptop ]
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

I've seen it as well.  I get permisson denied AND i get avc errors
generated from depmod.
avc:  denied  { dac_override } for  pid=5393 exe=/sbin/depmod
capability=1 scontext=root:system_r:depmod_t
tcontext=root:system_r:depmod_t tclass=capability

I'm running selinux targetted as well. The fact that depmod is
generating avc errors screams selinux issue.. but my selinux-fu is
poor so I'm not sure how to fix this.  I haven't filed this yet.
I was going to examine if this also affects the ntfs add on module
first... to see if is a more general problem.

-jef