FC4t2 no good without LILO

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Fri Apr 15 17:52:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 09:57, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> this shows nicely that you have no idea what you are talking about. if
> you install a new kernel and are running lilo that already gets run...
> did you ever even try this ?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Are you talking about serial or
concurrent invocations?  If serial, there's no problem.  Lilo can be run
serially any number of times without problems.  If parallel, are we
talking about somebody hacking past the RPM transaction lock, or
somebody installing a kernel on one VT while merrily running /sbin/lilo
on another terminal to pass the time?

One always runs Lilo after adding or removing a kernel.  Grubby looks
like it's supposed to do it but it hasn't been particularly reliable.

--Mike Bird