FC4 -- really slow

Craig Cruden cacruden at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 00:09:19 UTC 2005

Intel Pentium 4 with Southbridge (ICH5/ICH5R)
[motherboards] ignore everything after around 3.5
megabytes (I think it works out to 3766? on this
motherboard) because that area is used by the chipsets
involved.  I had previously had "the other operating
system :P" installed on this computer when I first
realized it.  The OS ignored that area of memory (i.e.
I would display memory available and it was not 4GB --
which prompted me to go back and read about why).

Is this really a broken BIOS [which has been updated
to the most recent release] or something that anaconda
should know about with these Intel chipsets?