updatedb disabled?

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Sat Apr 16 18:07:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 08:51, Peter Arremann wrote:
> I at least had a hard time talking to the other guys at work and say "Yes, I
> know from our perspective they are asking 99% of all guys that run a desktop
> to do more work so it benefits the 1% that run a laptop, but this makes more
> sense!"

1% may be overstating the benefit.  A solution would be nice down the
road but why are we breaking things now?  This change ONLY benefits the
tiny percentage of

* non-technical people
* who use laptops
* on battery at 4am

Among our ~2k rather diverse users, the percentage is exactly zero.

--Mike Bird