Kernel crash when compiling nvidia drivers on x86_64

bloch at verdurin.com bloch at verdurin.com
Mon Apr 18 21:56:12 UTC 2005

Yes, we can't discuss crashes when running the Nvidia drivers.

However, would it be of interest to note that today I was finding that a
dual Opteron system was crashing hard when compiling the Nvidia drivers
and running the latest FC3 kernel?  Not even Alt-SysRq had any effect.

Reverting to the previous FC3 kernel solved the problem, so I don't
think it can have been any other of the recent updates.