Up2date showing non-installed software

duralisis duralisis at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 22:25:53 UTC 2005

Is there a way to configure or otherwise modify up2date to show only
updates for packages I have installed currently?

I find it annoying to have to sort through a myriad of package names and
resolve which ones I have and don't have.  So it would be nice for it to
list only updates for packages I have installed.  Obviously there was a
reason I chose _NOT_ to install bind or some python sql package, so I
really don't care about new versions.  Are there any plans for a better
up2date or yum untility before FC4 release?