Up2date showing non-installed software

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Apr 19 00:29:11 UTC 2005

duralisis wrote:

> Is there a way to configure or otherwise modify up2date to show only
> updates for packages I have installed currently?
>
> I find it annoying to have to sort through a myriad of package names
> and resolve which ones I have and don't have.  So it would be nice for
> it to list only updates for packages I have installed.  Obviously
> there was a reason I chose _NOT_ to install bind or some python sql
> package, so I really don't care about new versions.  Are there any
> plans for a better up2date or yum untility before FC4 release?

man up2date
up2date -l

Both up2date and yum are excellent utilities, and will not see a great
deal of change before FC4-final.  If you have a specific issue with
either utility, feel free to file in Bugzilla.  You could also place
feature requests there, or, even better, submit a patch.

-Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes