rawhide report: 20050420 changes

Ken Nordquist ken at geekystuff.net
Wed Apr 20 16:18:24 UTC 2005

I received this message when installing
kernel-devel-2.6.11-1.1251_FC4.x86_64:

Failed to mmap
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.11-1.1251_FC4-x86_64/./include/config/MARKER
Failed to mmap ./include/config/MARKER

On reboot, I saw two errors for udev, but they went by so quickly I
cannot tell you more.  After logging in to my user account, I found I
could not "see" past my NIC.  I could not ping anything which needed
name resolution - unfortunately I was not smart enough to try to ping an
ip address.  Running ifconfig showed nothing unusual and the boot log
did not reveal the udev error I saw upon boot.  I subsequently
uninstalled the 1251 kernel and all is well again.

Regards,

Ken Nordquist